Come work with the best
The following opportunities for employment with Bast Hatfield are currently available. To apply for a position below please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extremely Knowledgeable of Construction in General, Hands on field experience as a tradesperson is a definite plus.
- Formal Education (Four Year Bachelor of Science) in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with Owners, Designers, Government Officials, Employees (Tradespeople), Subcontractors, Material Vendors, etc. with diplomacy and tact.
- Must know Projects thoroughly –
- Scope of Work, Budget, Schedules
- Drawings and Specifications
- Requirements of the Contract – Administrative, Billing Procedure, Submittals, Changes in the scope of Work, Claim Procedures, Insurance, etc.
- Scopes of Work of the different Subcontractors, Material Purchase Order and Rental Purchase Order
- Manage multiple projects.
- Buy out materials, equipment rentals and subcontracts, innovate and develop scopes of work to provide the most economy (by using the best not necessarily the lowest price and price combinations) and maximize profits – write the corresponding purchase orders and subcontracts.
Phase and sequence the work to maximize profits.
Develop written schedules showing how the work is to be sequenced, both initially and as the project progresses.
- Plan the work; make sure all necessary tradespeople, subcontractors, materials, equipment, safety considerations, approvals, permits, preconstruction meetings, etc. are in place for before starting an item of work. Make sure our people and subcontractor personnel know what they are supposed to do to provide the work safely and in accordance with the Contract Documents. Make them aware of problems they should be on the look out for. Make sure our people know what production rates they need to make for us to be within budget.
- Document important events such as changes in the scope of work, discovery of unforeseen conditions, instructions from the Owner or Architect, Subcontractor concerns, Vendor concerns, etc.
- Safety – Make sure the work is being performed in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA.
- Quality Control – Ensure that the Work performed directly by us, our subcontractors or vendors is done in accordance with our Contract with the Owner and is at least the required quality.
- Submittal Process.
- Identify Changes, Manage Proposals and Claim Work.
- Manage Budgets and Costs.
- Estimate projects to obtain new work.
- Resolve Problems.
BAST HATFIELD CONSTRUCTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: 2013-07-31
Bast Hatfield Construction, LLC is looking for an experienced superintendent to supervise activities on large commercial projects. Experience on big box projects desired. Some projects are out of town and travel may be required.
Responsibilities include the following:
ü Set up field office
ü Supervise BHC field personnel and coordinate on site subcontractors
ü Communicate with owners, architects, engineers and other project personnel
ü Material take off and buy out materials
ü Phase and sequence the work
ü Develop written schedules
ü Plan the work
ü Identify field changes
ü Safety. Knowledgeable regarding OSHA compliance and municipal regulations. Conduct weekly on site safety meetings
ü Attend monthly main office safety meetings
ü Familiar with SWPPP requirements.
ü Prepare daily superintendent reports
ü Ensure implementation and enforcement of project quality control systems
BAST HATFIELD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: 2013-07-31